We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in twenty years. We have entered the world’s top 30 agencies and have ambition to break the top ten by 2020. We have over 25 offices, 600 employees and revenues of $65m and rising. Our success is due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions and is reflected in being named PRCA’s International Agency of the Year for 2015.
Central to our growth has been our policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development, including our Rise training Academy. We are the fourth fastest growing agency in the global top 50. What makes us different is that, not only are we independent, but we are 100% employee-owned.
As we rapidly scale the business, our challenge is not to lose any of our character. We must establish a clear and visible brand in the marketplace. We must be seen as entrepreneurial, agile, creative, credible and professional. We believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of role
As a copywriter, you'll play a key role in content-first programs. You’ll do plenty of writing yourself, but you’ll also approve content generated by Digital and PR team members. You’ll also be involved in training others, posting and promoting your content online, and using basic analytics to track results and impact.
You'll also play a role on new business from time to time, explaining LEWIS’s approach to content and designing creative programs that help us win new campaigns.
Copywriters at LEWIS have a strong working knowledge of journalism, public relations, marketing and / or design, as well as a passion for digital and social media. They thrive in a fast-paced agency environment and work on a wide range of clients, projects and brands. They are creative thinkers and find innovative solutions to achieve our clients’ business and marketing goals. Successful content strategists are perfectionists when it comes to the written word and can demonstrate an ability to think conceptually. They are able to wrap their heads around complex technology and can translate it into language easily understood by multiple audiences.
Responsibilities / tasks
- Participate in development of a content strategy for each campaign, working closely with account leads, media strategists, copywriters, creatives and digital marketing experts
- Work cross-functionally with PR, digital and social teams to develop impactful and cohesive content for each client online and in traditional media outlets
- Write compelling content in a variety of forms, including contributed articles (bylines), press releases, Q&As, blog posts, white papers, case studies, infographics, social media posts and more
- Create and manage editorial guidelines for global campaigns to set expectations around content sharing practices, create a singular voice and work with editors cross-region
- Participate in team meetings to ensure polished content is delivered in a timely manner and help the team generate fresh ideas during brainstorming discussions
- Train cross-functional team members on best practices for writing and reporting
- Understand the client’s business goals and technology, and translate their needs into deliverables and actions
- Be the guardian of the client’s voice and ensure consistency when developing and approving all content and creative assets
- Provide strategic advice and creative thinking regarding content and campaigns on an on-going basis
- Interview and develop relationships with key spokespeople, the clients’ customers and partners, and other subject-matter experts
- Identify creative opportunities within existing accounts, and approach problems from different perspectives
- Participate in client events to gather information for upcoming content projects
- Design creative content programs for new business opportunities, and participate in pitches as needed
- Attend agency and industry events to network, build relationships and spread the word around LEWIS’ content offerings
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven ability in writing, editing and proofreading digital and print content
- Understanding of traditional and social media, and current affairs and technology trends
- Experience dealing with editors, bloggers and online influencers
- Experience managing and training junior team members
- Collaborative, articulate thinker with the ability to take creative direction under pressure
- Calmness under pressure and ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Creative thinking and independent problem solving
- Time management and organization
- Acute attention to detail
- Positive, constructive attitude
- Polished and professional appearance
- Experience working with digital marketing tools such as Crimson Hexagon, Trackrr, Google Analytics, Cision, IT Database, Marketo and Eloqua a plu
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably with an English, PR, Journalism or marketing-related major)
- At least three years of content, PR and / or digital marketing experience
- Journalism experience is a plus
- Director of Content
- Senior Copywriter
- Content Strategist
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.