Marketing Services Manager
We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in just twenty two years. We have grown every year since foundation due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our ambition is to break into the top ten by 2020. We have a network of 30 offices, 550 employees and revenues of $64m. Our success is reflected in being named PRCA’s International Agency of the Year for 2015.
Central to our growth has been our policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development. What makes us different is that, not only are we independent, but we are 100% employee-owned.
As we rapidly scale the business, our challenge is not to lose any of our character. We are agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. And we believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
The Marketing Services Manager works with both their clients and their team to ensure the efficient and effective running of their accounts. They clearly understand their clients’ objectives and requirements, the commercial terms of their retained accounts and projects and level of resource required to service the accounts.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Oversees and maintains a consultative relationship with the client, acting as a contact and partner for marketing and communications services
- Responsible for maintaining excellent client communication at all levels; defining deadlines and service agreements, whilst ensuring these are met consistently by the team
- Support clients in all aspects of nurturing and growing their marketing programs and acting as a community manager, when needed, across a broad range of accounts
- Works closely with the client to regularly review account performance, identifying and communicating opportunities for additional PR, marketing and digital services
- Plays an integral role in the new business process, participating in brainstorming, content generation and presentation preparation, in addition to attendance
- Ensures regular contact with the client is maintained by direct reports and other team members
- Maximises opportunities and outreach to external brands, as well as existing and past contacts, to build new business leads
- Devise and implement integrated marketing campaigns across channels: email marketing, digital marketing, social media, events, content marketing, etc.
- Develop both long-form and short-form content: case studies, collateral, blogs, social posts, email and landing page copy, ad copy, etc.
- Collaborate with design and creative teams to create compelling and impactful content and integrated campaigns for both current and prospective clients
- Manage campaigns via standard sales and marketing automation systems like SFDC, Pardot, Eloqua, Marketo, and Hubspot
- Proactively suggest new campaigns and creative projects
- Ensuring that program strategy, objectives, and methods are clearly understood by the team and the client
- Stays up to date on best practices and current trends
Team working and development
- Acts as a respected line manager, working closely with line reports to maximise strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
- Line manages the account team, including coaching, supervision, assessment and review of junior team members
- Sets team objectives on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Defines and positions deliverable client objectives with the account team
- Monitors team activity levels against budget; increases and decreases an individual’s allocation where necessary
- Provides guidance to colleagues on how to best manage campaigns, including answering general new business requests
- Works with the HR team to reward, retain and develop your team and resolve any performance related issues
- Regularly attends and leads LEWIS training sessions and daily press briefings to enhance skills and develop knowledge
Reporting and analysis
- Ensures that all activity and results are reported back to the client; providing insight and analysis across all aspects of the account
- Communicates account performance internally (account reviews) and provides strategic advice to the client based on measurable analytics
- Monitors and reports back on account KPIs and ensures accurate reporting by junior team members
- Provides detailed reports to the senior management team on request
- Supports the team on initiatives and projects
- Acts as a cultural ambassador for the region: promoting initiatives, using Yammer and all social media channels to showcase our activity and upcoming projects etc.
- Runs and supports training sessions, with a view to maximising opportunities to expand team skills and grow revenues
- Takes a proactive role in promoting the LEWIS brand, its work, identity and values
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
- Contributes and supports the continuous improvement of systems, practices and policies
- Overall, is a guardian of best marketing practice
- Previous marketing experience at a Manager level
- In-house / corporate marketing experience (agency background in addition a plus)
- Understanding of client business issues and requirements
- Understanding of the local market and opportunities for growth
- Strong project management skills with an ability to plan and prioritise
- A persuasive and convincing writing style
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Calmness under pressure and ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Ability to interact confidently with clients at a senior level
- Ability to troubleshoot team and client problem areas – and suggest a remedial course of action
- Creative thinking and an open minded approach
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.