Senior Biddable Media Manager
We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in twenty years. We have entered the world’s top 30 agencies and have ambition to break the top ten by 2020. We have over 25 offices, 600 employees and revenues of $65m and rising. Our success is due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions and is reflected in being named PRCA’s International Agency of the Year for 2015.
Central to our growth has been our policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development, including our Rise training Academy. We are the fourth fastest growing agency in the global top 50. What makes us different is that, not only are we independent, but we are 100% employee-owned.
As we rapidly scale the business, our challenge is not to lose any of our character. We must establish a clear and visible brand in the marketplace. We must be seen as entrepreneurial, agile, creative, credible and professional. We believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
LEWIS is currently seeking a talented Senior Biddable Manager to help build, maintain, and optimize several paid search and biddable advertising accounts.
Paid search is an integral part of our clients’ success at LEWIS, so successful applicants must enjoy developing strategies, execute planned, tactical optimization, and consistently lead conversations regarding all things biddable media, both internally and externally. A patient, friendly, and constructive demeanor is essential, as is a desire to teach others about paid search and biddable advertising.
The Biddable Media team is comprised of creative and forward-thinking biddable strategists that have backgrounds in paid search, SEO, email, social and affiliate programs. Our team is a small, close-knit team, and our success is dependent on candid, open communications, so applicants must have a “we’re all in together” team-oriented attitude.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Must be presently certified in AdWords Fundamentals, AdWords Search Advertising, AdWords Shopping Advertising, DoubleClick Search and DoubleClick Campaign Manager, and hold Bing Accreditation
- Mastery of “researching” in the paid search and biddable advertising process; knows the questions to ask prior to new builds, can adequately predict volume and performance based on available SEM tools and historical performance, can provide sound recommendations based on data garnered
- Mastery of “building” search campaigns; creates/develops campaigns, adgroups, keywords and ads and proactively anticipates “red flags” in the process
- Mastery of Biddable Reporting, understanding strategic use of SEM reports and reporting tools and how to draw insights out of data
- Ability to proactively audit paid search and biddable accounts, ensuring best practices
- Ability to create forecasts based on known data and/or assumptions
- Able to address biddable strategy or planning questions authoritatively, correctly and ‘on the spot’.
- Skills in developing biddable strategy across accounts
- Consistently proactive in own learning about the latest in paid search and other forms of biddable media
- Proactively brings new recommendations to the team and/or client that are innovative and/or help deliver against business goals/objectives
- Ability to write POVs, biddable recommendations, and other standard deliverables
- Complete ownership of day-to-day management of biddable accounts
- Accountable for error-free, on-time delivery of daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Must show exemplary management of biddable budgets
- Proficiency in core office programs: Keynote, PPT, Word, Excel
- Ability to effectively managing direct reports to excel in their areas of expertise, giving feedback and participating in reviews
- Ability to delegate responsibilities to direct reports as needed, while monitoring for successful execution and knowledge retention
- Maintains strong relationships with vendors and helping to schedule quarterly in-person meetings and training sessions
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on industry topics, trends and best practices
- Assists in research for new business pitches and proposals
- Strong listening, writing, and oral skills
- Shows thoughtfulness when communicating to supervisor, peers and clients
- Able to handle difficult conversations or communication, both internally and externally
- Proactive in identifying and addressing campaign issues with management
- Actively participates in Performance Team meetings, including weekly meetings, vendor meetings and monthly financial meetings
- Consistently leads conversation and communication, both internally and externally, in all biddable topic areas related to their clients
- Ability to write clear, concise and client-ready documents, including decks, budgeting documents, etc.
- Able to anticipate client/team needs and/or modify style to most effectively deliver client requests/asks
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
Quality/Quantity of Work
- Highly-organized with attention to detail
- Creates and maintains detailed and accurate files & deliverables with consistently little-to-no errors in work
- Proactively problem solves in campaign stewardship and anticipates potential challenges
- Leads the development of insights and implications related to campaign results and ensures learning is moved forward in future programs
- Can consistently “pivot” between client teams and/or campaign projects quickly while maintaining stewardship of all key elements
- Viewed as a key contributor to the client team (internally and externally) and seen as a “go-to expert” on paid search campaign execution and stewardship
Initiative and Follow-Through
- Completes assignments and deliverables on time and accurately
- Works to close the loop on outstanding questions/deliverables with internal teams/vendors during campaign
- Responsive and timely with requests
- Independently owns their desk workflow and key areas of the media campaign/client deliverable, effectively
- Proactively shares relevant or timely industry news with their team
- Provides guidance to direct reports/junior team members
- Works well in a team environment
- Gives and receives feedback gracefully
- Respects supervisor and peers
- Enthusiastic, professional – flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the client/agency
- Adheres to Lewis procedures (timesheets, PTO, reviews, etc.)
- Emerging leadership within the capability – creates and fosters team motivation and influences others
- Handles internal team facilitation – knows when to bring the right people into the conversation/deliverable at the right time
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.