Senior Paid Media Specialist - LEWIS Pulse
We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in twenty years. We have entered the world’s top 30 agencies and have ambition to break the top ten by 2020. We have over 28 offices, 600 employees and revenues of $65m and rising. Our success is due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions and is reflected in being named PRCA’s International Agency of the Year for 2015.
Central to our growth has been our policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development, including our Rise training Academy. We are the fourth fastest growing agency in the global top 50. What makes us different is that, not only are we independent, but we are 100% employee-owned.
As we rapidly scale the business, our challenge is not to lose any of our character. We must establish a clear and visible brand in the marketplace. We must be seen as entrepreneurial, agile, creative, credible and professional. We believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
The Senior Paid Media Specialist/Analyst is responsible for day-to-day digital/paid social campaign activity and project management within accounts. This person typically acts as a campaign analyst and strategist for client campaigns, including developing analytics and reporting dashboards that provide value to each unique program and optimizing campaigns on a daily/weekly basis. This person is responsible for interpreting client campaign goals and objectives and translating those into a paid social strategy that delivers the highest ROI for the client. This person must also be able to clearly communicate campaign performance to the client, including optimizations, recommendations and overall program insights. This person will also provide strategic support for data-driven digital analytics projects, related to audience/targeting analysis which involves reviewing custom audience listening panels, making content recommendations based on the insights and also using the same insights to inform paid social targeting.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Assists the Digital Marketing Manager / Director with the management of clients and projects
- Offers thoughtful advice and recommendations to clients and team regarding strategy, tactics and identifying opportunities
- Maintains relationships with clients, establishing self and LEWIS Pulse as an invaluable long-term partner for digital communications services
- Manages communication with select clients and ensures deadlines and service agreements are met consistently
- Participates in the business development process by supporting with pitch preparation and research, primarily related to paid social and other analytics driven programs.
- Responds in a timely manner to client requests and directives
Digital / Paid social media
- Provides paid social media strategic guidance, as well as execution and management of related digital campaigns
- Develops paid social plans that include strategic recommendations on budget, channels/platforms, targeting tactics, content and assets, etc.
- Partners with PR account servicing, when appropriate, to develop compelling and impactful content and integrated campaigns for both current and prospective clients
- Contributes to client growth and impact across the full spectrum of paid social media channels including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram
- Uses analytical services and tools to generate strategic and valuable recommendations for client programs
- Refines methodologies in paid social media measurement and reporting of ROI
- Reviews content drafted by Digital Marketing Specialists and Copywriters, providing feedback and guidance to maximize relevance for paid social content
- Pitches additional digital content including infographics, animations and video to support written content and client aims, where possible
- Production of paid social copy for all channels using appropriate techniques and language relevant to each platform
- Keeps abreast of paid social and other digital marketing trends and maintains close relationships with vendor representatives
Team working and development
- Mentors and provides advice to interns and other junior staff within direct and wider teams
- Ensures personal objectives are met on an on-going basis as well as meeting all deliverable client objectives
- Accurately reports activity levels and regularly completes timesheets to ensure correct allocation of client duties
- Works closely with line manager to maximise own strengths, improve weaknesses and support individual and team career development
- Supports with the training of graduates and interns wherever possible
- Regularly attends LEWIS training sessions and daily press briefings to enhance skills and develop knowledge
Reporting and analysis
- Ensures that all activity and results are reported back to the client, providing insight and analysis across all aspects of the account
- Communicates account performance internally (account reviews) and provides strategic advice to the client based on measurable analytics
- Monitors and reports back on account KPIs and ensures accurate reporting by more junior team members
- Provides detailed reports to the senior management team on request
- Supports the LEWIS Pulse and account servicing team on ad hoc initiatives and projects
- Takes a proactive role in promoting the LEWIS brand, its work, identity and values
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
- Contributes and supports the continuous improvement of systems, practices and policies
- 1-3 years’ client facing digital and paid social media experience
- Strong understanding of the digital / paid social industry and related platforms
- Strong project management skills with an ability to plan and prioritise
- Ability to provide data-drive strategies and recommendations
- Strong attention to detail, comfortable managing and analysing large sets of data
- Self-motivated, ability to work autonomously
- Calmness under pressure and ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Ability to interact confidently with clients at a senior level
- Ability to troubleshoot team and client problem areas – and suggest a remedial course of action
- Creative thinking and an open minded approach
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven competency in managing a varied workload
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.