SAS is the world’s leading provider of analytics and one of the world’s largest independent software companies. The analytics market has recently come of age thanks to the rise of big data, the Internet of Things, and predictive analytics. SAS needed to harness and amplify existing content to maximize efficiency and value for money, in order to compete with major competitors – including IBM, Microsoft and Oracle.
LEWIS provided SAS UK & Ireland with an integrated program spanning content development, media relations, influencer relations and social media management (organic and paid).
Key goals included:
- Drive brand awareness and lead generation
- Promote SAS as an industry thought-leader
- Maintain a top three share of voice in the UK
LEWIS and SAS developed measurement scorecards to evaluate deliverables and success across content, media and social engagement results. These scorecards were based on AMEC’s Valid Metrics framework and considered PR/digital inputs, PR/digital outcomes and business outcomes.
To maximize the existing content and increase the company’s relevancy, the campaign was carried out by one team - blending content, media, and digital experts. The split allowed for a truly integrated campaign with content at its heart.
The team explored and developed media story angles based on SAS’ marketing brief and the current news agenda.
Research and surveys formed the basis for a number of blogs, bylines and news-hijacking opportunities. Existing content was also repurposed and seeded into editorial feature commentaries, responses to current affairs, and social posts.
Creative assets were developed to further engage relevant audiences within SAS’ social communities. These ranged from simple interactive Twitter quizzes to infographics.
- PR and digital communications boosted brand awareness and contributed to successful lead generation programs and increased sales
- SAS ranked #3 for UK share of voice - beating major competitors Oracle and Microsoft (Apollo Research)
- Dedicated media articles including BBC, Reuters, Daily Telegraph, The Independent, Daily Mail, FT and City AM. Media coverage secured was 40% higher than agreed annual targets
- SAS UK’s Twitter community grew by 97% in 2015.
- Social media engagement levels were 1.85% – well above the 1% industry standard for B2B brand and an increase of 0.17% compared to H1 of 2015.
- 11% year-on-year growth in total software sales revenue in the UK & Ireland.
Go back to client stories